What Doesn’t Kill You Makes You Stronger

All things come to an end.

As this year comes to an end I cannot help but be extremely grateful for the blessing Allah az wajjal has showered on me. SubhanAllah. My heart is so full, yet heavy that as I type tears stream down my face.

This year I have met some extremely pleasant people, and some that were also toxic in a way. I have learned what it means to be independent yet dependent at the same time, of how not to be ashamed of the path I am currently on. Each individual has their own trial to endure, and sometimes those trials are meant to be journeyed alone.

Meanwhile I have also promised myself one thing to remember going into this new year: Don’t carry toxic people with you. In 2018 we have allowed them to suck our souls dry, or to taint our minds with believing we aren’t good enough. The truth is, there is no thing as perfection or having the full package. Unfortunately, I hadn’t noticed this until yesterday when a friend of mine made it clear. We cannot expect a person to create a happiness that is to intoxicating for us to want to live. The key is to be our own supporters and partners before allowing other people on that battle field of hatred and dishonesty.

With this I leave you with: know your self worth. And if you don’t believe it, look into the mirror every morning with an encourage message for the image in front of you. Each day is a chance to better your life into what you have dreamed.

Xoxo,
A

Comments

Popular Posts