Y O G A : Push Beyond Boundaries

"She stretched her hands to the sky, asking for the blessings from the beloved one. And as she let her wings catch wind, a smile spread across her face and her coolness radiated."

Last night I thought to myself, "what do you want to do?" It has been a while since I have focused on this question. As I laid in bed weighing my options I realized that I wanted to be healthy spiritually and emotionally. I had lived in this small box where everything became a routine - and frankly - I wanted to do something new. I wanted to push myself beyond those boundaries to see how much I could endure.

As mentioned in an earlier post, I have found yoga to be a safe haven. A place where I can escape to understand my greater self, while learning what my body is capable of. With that being said, yoga has become my "go-to" exercise to relax and find balance.



Sharing this experience is so important, yet a nervous thing for me. Simply because I do not have complete control. Every pose is not done to perfection, neither is my confidence in this practice absolute. However, with time comes ease and comfort. 

Someone close to me expressed that yoga isn't about perfecting a pose but allowing the body to experience the practice. There is apparently a book of "understanding the fundamentals of yoga" when training to become a yogi. That book I have not read (haha!) or will ever read. As I continue indulging in yoga the more I understanding that each person is different. The way we think and see this art is different - and that's completely fine. You have to find your own rhythm and space. No one can dictate to you how soon is too soon, or what you should be doing or how you should be practicing this art. The body itself will tell you if you listen to it closely. After all, I know my body better than anyone. 

The best thing about yoga is that while every one is focusing on worldly things, the mind is focusing on the now. Where I currently am. What I am doing at this moment. Whether my breathing is synced to the energy flowing around me. Take it all in.


As a treat, I managed to film my last crow pose this week in slow motion. You can do anything if you coach yourself. Find your own balance in this busy world, and stick to it. 

Comments

Popular Posts