Y O G A : Balancing Truth

“Do not attempt to change who I am. I have withstood harsh fires, steep mountains, overflowing waters and words that burn like acid. Do not make me into who you think I am suppose to be”.

Why do we allow someone, with no significance, to walk into our lives and tell us who we are? And with the thought that, “maybe he/she just wants best for me” we conform to their every demand and word. Let me tell you! This month has been an eye opener in ways that I thought I had already cleansed my life. 

As a spiritual person, I have always tried to listen. Listen in the sense of self understanding and the flow of the universe - following my gut and asking for guidance of Creator. I also stay to myself, and when given a good reason - accept those who mean well into my life. 

Today, like many other days this month, I felt drained and deprived of energy. I felt as if something or someone was wishing harm, as well as, projecting the hurt and negativity they had in my direction. For weeks, my soul had been telling me to let them go. I did not need them, and after an event that took place - they’re true face had shown. 

I did what Adrie would have done, called and explained how they made me feel. When realizing that it had made no difference to the egotistical character they were - I eliminated him from my life. Within a matter of minutes.

B A L A N C I N G     T R U T H 

As a yogi, during stressful and energy draining moments - I pull out my mat and reconnect myself to the Earth. To the universe. To the Creator. With every inhale I recognize and identify the stress points, and with every exhale I let it go. I assure myself that these things or people have no control over my mental state. Neither is there any significance besides the Creator bringing me to terms that I am blessed in many ways. Being positive and optimistic and having immense love for self is greater than any force that brings trouble.

Here I am doing the lotus pose. Straightening my spine to allow energy flow, and open hands for negativity energy to be released. One that has proved beneficial in many ways.

Know your truth whether it may come to you during meditation or prayer. This truth is what will keep you going, and what has made me more aware of things that hurt. Take a minute to evaluate your life and see where you stand. Are you that negative force that pushes people away? Or are you the light and positivity that invites like minded people into your life?

xoxo,
A

Comments

Popular Posts